Home Care is the Preferred Choice
If you’re researching elder care, you’re probably aware of the many senior housing options, such as a nursing home, assisted living community, adult day care, retirement community, or continuing care retirement community.
These elder care options all have some benefits, however, at home care is the preferred choice for seniors. In fact, remaining at home is not only the preferred choice of adults over the age of 45– according to studies conducted by the AARP, Clarity, and the EAR Foundation– it also is substantially more affordable than nursing homes and other assisted living facilities.
And it’s no secret that today’s seniors are living much longer, healthier lives than generations past. Assisted living is a great choice if your loved one needs help with the activities of daily living, such as:
- toileting, incontinence, and related issues
- Bathing, grooming, and dressing
- Needing help with errands and transportation
- Meal preparation
And if you are in the Chicago area, the caring professionals at Health Advocates Homecare are prepared to help your loved one, in the comfort of home.
Health Advocates Homecare: The Preferred Choice
“Recently my 92 year old mother required several hours of supervised care. As it was my brother and my desire to provide mom with a comfortable, safe and yet familiar environment we decided to look into home care services. It was our good fortune that we found Health Advocates Homecare. My mother is surrounded by very caring and compassionate individuals who understand the needs of the elderly and infirmed. My mother is also treated with respect, which is very important in this phase of my mother’s life where maintaining her dignity is so very important. Having the services of Health Advocates Homecare has given my brother and me peace of mind knowing that our mother is in such good hands.”
— Alice L.
You have a lot of choices for the care for your loved one. So why choose Health Advocates Homecare?
Well, for starters we understand seniors. Just like you and I, they want to have fun and enjoy life. maybe most importantly, be independent. Your loved one doesn’t want to be told what they “can’t” do, or how much “help” they need. We appreciate and understand that. So we do our best to keep them in charge. They call the shots on the services we provide for them. We are just here to make their lives easier.
- We offer an alternative to assisted living and nursing home facilities that allows your loved one to remain in the comfort of home and receive the quality care they need and deserve.
- We offer extensive free evaluations, and develop a customized care plan designed to meet your loved one’s needs.
- Our staff is experienced in home care– attentive, and compassionate. We know how important the care of your loved one is to you.
- Our staff of professionals are all employees, not independent contractors, meaning they are covered by our liability and workers compensation insurance, for your peace of mind.
- Our staff includes one of the only Nurse Certified Geriatric Care Managers in the State of Illinois, as well as two registered nurses with over 50 years of experience in home healthcare.
- Our highly experienced staff will work closely with physicians, families, and other caregivers so your loved one can live independently and safely at home.
- We will be your advocate, both in dealing with insurance and financial matters, and dealing with doctors, hospitals, rehab facilities, and the like.
What it comes down to is this—if you want your loved one to have professional, compassionate care in the comfort of home, you need to contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation. We’ll help give you and your loved one the freedom to live a quality life, at home.
With Health Advocates Homecare, you’re not alone.