Is it Time for Hospice Care?
If you have a loved one with a terminal illness, it may be time to consider hospice care.
Hospice care is a special type of care designed to provide support to your loved one and your family during an advanced illness. Medical, psychological, and spiritual support are provided to the patient and family. The focus is on comfort and quality of life, with a goal of enabling your loved one to have a pain-free life, and to live each day fully.
Hospice is an appropriate treatment when:
- An individual has a terminal illness with a shortened life expectancy; hospice care is generally appropriate for those who have a limited prognosis of 12 months or less.
- Comfort, quality of life, and symptom management become the primary focus.
- Curative treatment is no longer an option, or a choice, of the individual.
Hospice care is not a “last resort,” requiring one to be bedridden or be unable to communicate in order to receive help. Nothing could be further from the truth. The goal is not to hasten or postpone death, but to allow your loved one to remain as comfortable as possible near the end of life.
In short, hospice care focuses on caring and comfort, not curing.
Choosing the Right Hospice Care Provider
There are many providers of hospice care services in the Chicago area, and we know you have a choice. We think that choice should be Health Advocates Homecare. Why?
We understand what you and your loved one are going through. We know your loved one is on a journey, and their comfort and care is important to you. And we’ll be there for you, providing compassionate care and knowledgeable guidance every step of the journey. We are committed to helping your loved one make the most of every day.
Our experienced nurses and other professional caregivers offer personalized choices for where you can receive care, up-to-date approaches to pain and symptom management, and peace of mind to help your loved one live better with their illness.
“I appreciate that in addition to assisting [my father] with meals, getting dresse, and using the facilities, to name a few, your caregivers also made sure the laundry was done and his home was clean. Most of all I’m thankful that he had someone to talk to and just “be there” when we couldn’t. I miss my father so much. Your care of him was very appreciated. You’re a special group with a wonderful gift of helping others.”
— Art G
In fact, families often tell us they wish they had contacted us sooner.
Our staff of caregivers are compassionate and understanding, and we carefully screen them for your peace of mind. In addition—
- We offer an alternative to assisted living and nursing home facilities that allows your loved one to remain in the comfort of home and receive the quality care they need and deserve.
- We offer extensive free evaluations, and develop a customized care plan designed to meet your loved one’s needs.
- Our staff is experienced in hospice care– attentive, and compassionate. We know how important the care of your loved one is to you.
- Our staff of professionals are all employees, not independent contractors, meaning they are covered by our liability and workers compensation insurance, for your peace of mind.
- Our staff includes one of the only Nurse Certified Geriatric Care Managers in the State of Illinois, as well as two registered nurses with over 50 years of experience in home healthcare.
- Our highly experienced staff will work closely with physicians, families, and other caregivers so your loved one can live independently and safely at home.
- We will be your advocate, both in dealing with insurance and financial matters, and dealing with doctors, hospitals, rehab facilities, and the like.
What it comes down to is this—if you want your loved one to have professional, compassionate care in the comfort of home, you need to contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation. We’ll help give you and your loved one the freedom to live a quality life, at home.
With Health Advocates Homecare, you’re not alone.