Caring for a Loved One with Parkinson’s
If you have a loved one with Parkinson’s disease, you already know the challenges that come with living with the disease. Your loved one may need help daily activities, managing medications, and even making financial decisions. Parkinson’s disease brings challenges for loved ones and caregivers as well as for those with Parkinson’s.
Parkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive disorder, generally associated with trembling of the limbs; the symptoms continue and worsen over time. Nearly one million people in the US are living with Parkinson’s disease, some of the most well-known with it being Muhammed Ali and Michael J. Fox.. The cause is unknown and there is no cure.
Care giving can be trying at times, and as a care giver for your loved one, it may be difficult to let others help or even to take time for yourself. But you owe to your loved one and yourself, to explore your options for finding help for the care of your loved one.
You don’t have to face this challenge alone.
We Can Help
Health Advocates Homecare has a skilled, experienced staff, ready to provide support to you and your loved one battling Parkinson’s. And if you are in the Chicago area, we can help you with some of the daily challenges, such as:
- Making certain n medication is taken on time
- Helping with toileting, incontinence, and related issues
- Bathing, grooming, and dressing assistance
- Assistance with errands and transportation
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Help with managing complex issues
- Providing a respite for family caregivers
“Thanks, Mom depends on your care. You and Suzy have earned her trust. Our family can rely on your care without a second thought or concern. Thank you!”
— Sue S
Our staff of caregivers are compassionate and understanding, and we carefully screen them for your peace of mind. In addition—
- We offer an alternative to assisted living and nursing home facilities that allows your loved one to remain in the comfort of home and receive the quality care they need and deserve.
- We offer extensive free evaluations, and develop a customized care plan designed to meet your loved one’s needs.
- Our staff is experienced in companion care– attentive, and compassionate. We know how important the care of your loved one is to you.
- Our staff of professionals are all employees, not independent contractors, meaning they are covered by our liability and workers compensation insurance, for your peace of mind.
- Our staff includes one of the only Nurse Certified Geriatric Care Managers in the State of Illinois, as well as two registered nurses with over 50 years of experience in home healthcare.
- Our highly experienced staff will work closely with physicians, families, and other caregivers so your loved one can live independently and safely at home.
- We will be your advocate, both in dealing with insurance and financial matters, and dealing with doctors, hospitals, rehab facilities, and the like.
What it comes down to is this—if you want your loved one to have professional, compassionate care in the comfort of home, you need to contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation. We’ll help give you and your loved one the freedom to live a quality life, at home.
With Health Advocates Homecare, you’re not alone.